Soft Tissue Surgery
Surgery on eyes, ears, throat and lungs.
At Hope Veterinary Care, our veterinarians have experience performing a number of soft tissue surgeries. Our soft tissue surgeries include:
- Aural Hematoma
- Laceration Repair
- Mass/Tumor Removal
As always, your pet's safety remains our top priority which is why we utilize advanced anesthetic and surgical techniques.
Surgical services and facilities include:
- Fully trained veterinary and technical staff, ensuring the safest and most effective procedures
- Comprehensive blood testing, both diagnostic and monitoring
- Safe anesthetics, tailored to your pet
- Advanced instrument sterilization techniques
- Oxygen saturation and blood pressure monitors
- Effective pain management for post-surgery discomfort
Prior to surgery, typical instructions are as follows:
- No food after 7 p.m. the night before surgery, no water after 10 p.m.
- Arrive at the hospital between 7:45 and 8 a.m. the morning of surgery.
- Pre-surgical blood work is required for all older patients a few weeks before anesthesia.
- Consent forms are signed prior to surgery, including our Surgery Form.
- Accurate contact information is obtained so that we may keep you informed of your pet’s progress.
- At admission, we will discuss any questions you may have about your pet’s procedure (risks, possible complications, recovery).
- For most surgeries, your pet will go home between 3 and 5 p.m. the same day.
- Always follow your pet’s discharge instructions.
- Monitor the incision for swelling and redness.
- Take note of your pet’s appetite and water intake.
- Maintain bandages and administer medications as instructed.
- Return for follow-up as directed.